2010-06-02

My favourite quotes

About photography.

My top 10.


1 Light is the shape and play of my thought.... my reason for being a photographer. (Barbara Morgan)

2
If you see it you missed it. (Anonymous)

3 Photographs open doors into the past but they also allow a look into the future. (Sally Mann)

4 The camera captures light, our minds capture images. (Anonymous)

5 Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow. (Imogen Cunningham)

6 Imagine a world without photography, one could only imagine. (Berenice Abbott)

7
If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff. (Jim Richardson)

8 My photographs don’t go below the surface. They don’t go below anything. They’re readings of the surface. I have great faith in surfaces. A good one is full of clues. (Richard Avedon)

9
I sometimes think that photojournalists, in particular, always look to other societies problems rather than confronting their own. It is too easy just to blame others. (Martin Parr)

10
Don’t tell me about the pictures you didn’t get. Just show me the good ones you got. (Edward K. Thompson)



by Bjarte Edvardsen

If you're interested in reading more, there is plenty at photoquotes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment